Mountain Hardwear announces Refugium and Radiance Ardica heated jacketsPosted By Jonathan on Feb 24 '09
Mountain Hardwear has announced that for their Fall '09 lineup, they will be releasing Men's and Women's Ardica heated jackets. The jackets will feature multiple heat settings and be able to charge your USB-compatible devices with an additional charger add-on. The jackets will be able to provide up to 8.6 hours of low heat, or up to 20 MP3 player or 11 cell phone charges.
The Men's Refugium Trifecta jacket and Women's Radiance Trifecta jacket are 3-in-1 systems combining a full-featured, waterproof/breathable snowsport shell with a Thermic Micro insulated liner jacket enabled with Ardica technology. The liner jackets will be wearable under any shell, serving as a portable charger and heating device, or zipped in to the Refugium and Radiance Trifecta jackets for an exceptionally warm and dry jacket combination.
Ardica Technology Features:
- Ardica’s Moshi Power System, a 295-gram portable heat and power system (sold separately), can not only deliver heat while integrated within your outerwear, but it also supplies a power source to charge anything by a USB cable. Using the Ardica Technology Connector accessory, it can be converted to run or charge various consumer electronics requiring up to 10 watts of power (equivalent to 11 cell phone charges or 20 MP3 charges).
- Three lightweight, flexible, rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are comfortably positioned on the fronts and the back of the jackets.
- Three temperature settings can provide up to 8.6 hours of on-demand heat to suit the user’s needs.
- Moshi System only takes two hours to fully recharge from an electrical outlet (or 1.5 hours for a quick 80% capacity charge) with 500 charge cycles
- One-year warranty on all Ardica products
- The jackets and internal wiring come with Mountain Hardwear’s lifetime warranty.
We are fortunate enough to be receiving one of these jackets soon, so look out for our review!